Welcome to Spanish Three and AP!!!
PARENTS/GUARDIANS AND STUDENTS: PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING VERY CAREFULLY. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE POLICIES DESCRIBED BELOW, DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL THE NUMBER FOUND IN # 7.
SPANISH THREE AND AP SPANISH:
The following must be read and acknowledged by you and a parent/guardian. Parent/Guardian: Your child will receive an acknowledgement form for you to sign. He/She will return it to me no later than Friday, September 13th.
NOTE: SCHOOL SUPPLIES ARE DUE NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 12th: ( SPIRAL NOTEBOOK WITH AT LEAST 2 SECTIONS, PEN, 2 POCKET FOLDER)
Sra. Cageao, 2013-2014
HOMEWORK WILL BE POSTED ON SCHOOLWIRES ON A DAILY BASIS, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED DURING CLASS
CONSULT STUDENT HANDBOOK TO REVIEW ATTENDANCE POLICY AND MAKE-UP OF HOMEWORK, TESTS AND QUIZZES
1. Grading Policy:
Students' grades will be based on a "total points" system: Each assessment will be worth a specific number of points. Tests, some Demonstrated Oral Proficiency grades and Oral Presentations will be worth higher amounts; Quizzes and Mini or Extemporaneous presentations will be worth less. Please note: The Oral Proficiency grade assesses the student's demonstrated ability to speak/respond/elocute/articulate in the target language.
For every two missed OR incomplete assignments, the student's average is reduced by 1/3. After the 6th missed or incomplete assignment, he/she will receive an F for the MARKING PERIOD. Parents: Please support your child in this area- With your help, we can ensure that your child will not lose credit due to missed assignments.
2. Extra help is held AFTER school on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
3. Students must bring computer to class every day- charged and ready for use. If the student does not have his/her computer ready, it will be treated as a missing assignment.
4. Be aware of Board of Education Policy** (Highlighted Below) regarding cell phone/ipod/personal entertainment device use: This policy will be enforced every day. ( If I see the phone, I confiscate it) Parents: Please note your role/responsibility. Together, we can assure that our students stay focused when in class. Thank you for your support!
PAGE 22: STUDENT HANDBOOK: **
"Cell phones must be turned off during the school day. Students who use cell phones
during the day will have the phone confiscated. The phone will be returned only to a
parent. Any student who needs to make an emergency phone call may use the phone
in the General Office.
Electronic Entertainment Devices
Electronic entertainment devices are not permitted in halls or classrooms except in
the cafeteria. Items in violation will be confiscated and turned into the General
Office. All entertainment is to be school-appropriate. Devices will be confiscated if
misused, and will be returned only to a parent"
5. All students will bring a spiral notebook to class every day divided into two sections: Classwork/notes and Homework. Homework must be done in a separate section, since it may be collected. Homework is NOT to be done on the computer and printed- it must be hand-written, or it will not be accepted.
6. Students will also need a two pocket folder for hand-outs and returned essays/tests/quizzes, and must use pen for all written work, including notes.
7. Parents may contact me via email: email@example.com
or at my home by phone (evenings): 845-362-1917. Students may call me at that number if they have ANY questions or concerns regarding homework or classwork. :)
8. Expectations for Behavior/Conduct:
a. Respect for our teacher, ourselves, and our classmates.
b. Respect for the texts, materials, and computer provided to us by our school.
c. We will come to class each day- prepared to learn and demonstrating a positive attitude. We will contribute positively and help create a healthy learning environment.
Below, Please find RUBRIC for assessment of interpersonal communication skill (Demonstrated Oral Proficiency): The grade is based on a scale of 5, then, is converted to the number you will see in Genesis. For shorter periods of times between posted assessments, the number is /25. For longer periods of time between posted assessments, the number is /50.
__ / 5
Interpersonal Skills Rubric
All skills in 5 plus non-forced emerging output in the target language
Consistently negotiates meaning in the target language in a clearly-observable way
Sometimes negotiates meaning in the target language in an observable way
Attentive but does not consistently negotiate meaning in the target language
Not attentive and rarely negotiates meaning in the target language